Yes, there are still two Rainey Sisters in case you were wondering. Sorry I have been so absent.
As you may recall, in one of my last posts, I was trying to decide whether to use some lovely glass buttons on my Burr cardigan. The problem was that I feared they were too heavy. Despite repeated attempts to convince myself that they were fine, they weren’t. Many of you offered opinions and suggestions. One was to use grosgrain ribbon to reinforce the button band. The problem here is that the button band is unusually wide — I didn’t think I’d find ribbon that would work well. So the beautiful glass buttons are now in a bowl looking beautiful, and a different set of buttons from my button stash are now in place.
This cardigan fits very well, and I am pretty pleased with it. I made it using a modified bottom up contiguous method, so that the set in sleeve was knit in as I went along. It was an interesting experiment, and I think I’d definitely try it again. It required a little thought to plan out, but the actual doing was relatively simple.
I have a silk scarf that goes well with this cardigan (shown in the last photo). I’ve had it a long time — I bought it at the same time that our signature Rainey Sister photo was taken.