Today was Yarnover — the one-day knitting extravaganza hosted by the Minnesota Knitters Guild. I have been a member of the committee the last few years, but after last year’s event, I opted to take my leave. So today I went as a civilian. Loved it!!
I shopped like a drunken sailor. We saw a knitting bag that said, “My Drinking Group has a Knitting Problem.” I think my knitting group has a shopping problem!!
Let’s survey the damage…
- Forget Me Not Shawl Kit from The Grinning Gargoyle — a cute little triangular neck piece in deep purples and grays. The sale clerk was wearing one, so I had to buy it.
- Seda Sock (a perennial favorite) in a color not unlike my Window to my Soul which I was wearing at the time called Cayenne
- In the what were you thinking category – I bought TWO skeins of StevenBe’s Shop Hop Special Colorway. Yarn is called Hedgehog Sock in the Peacock Tease colorway. No idea yet what this will be…
- Schachenmayr Select Couture Cotton with tiny seed pearls — for a little necklace-type thingie to wear to work.
- After that it was kind of a blur. Everything went dark and I saw stars. Woke up with $165 worth of yarn. Felt woosy. Had to go sit down. I bought the exact yarn to make this:
The yarn and colors were absolutely stunning. I really liked it. So, It ended up in my bag. It takes 3 hanks of Alchemy Silken Straw (100% silk, colors Borealis, Pony Up, and Radiant Orchid) and 2 of Haiku (40% silk 60% mohair, colors Pony Up and Radiant Orchid).
The greens and purples called me. They must have also dialed the phone to Surly, because she made me go back and buy her the identical yarn!! That’s why you “see double” in the picture above. The only difference is I bought Dragon instead of Pony Up for the green.
I have to say that I truly enjoyed just hanging out and shopping with my peeps, and not worrying about the rooms and signage and coffee and lunch. What a treat!! It was wonderful seeing all my knitting friends. Lori looked especially stunning in her orange shoes and sweater!!
I have also decided to get crackin’ on my Alchemy treasure trove instead of working on other projects that are looming. I need a break into “shiny new.”